Monday, February 22, 2016

Letters from 2/22/2016


Yeah, we had no idea that this was happening with emails, so good to know! haha! AH YOU HAVE TO GIVE NAHIOMI A HUG FOR ME AND SEND ME PICTURES AND VIDEOS OF THIS!!! Thats crazy that shes coming home! Man! Time does truly fly! I mean, how crazy is it to think that in less than a year now I'll be home?? Life is good here in the good ol Missão Brasil Santos! I've been truly focusing a lot on following the Spirit and it has been amazing how he fills our lives with inspiration and important moments if we just let him and ask for his help. Missions really are the coolest! Personally I think every boy and girl should serve, but hey thats just me I guess. I realized how much I'd learned about the scriptures last night when we went to teach a pesquisadora and she was there with two friends from church. They all "frequent the Baptist church" and this kid of like 17 anos knew his stuff from the Bible! It was awesome, because he truly had questions about our message (The Restoration) and tried to use the Bible a couple times, but I was like, yes that scripture says that about that, but it is referring to this and those are not the same things and he got all pensativo (pensative, thoughtful? What is the word in english that I'm trying to use here?). Not to be arrogant, but it felt good to actually recognize some scriptures and use others in my teaching. I love the scriptures more and more everyday, foreals! Not much new here, truly! Life is good and I'm happy! I LOVE gettting all those photos you guys send. Also, I love the letters you send me, Dad! They're the best especially since it costs an arm and a leg to print emails, and everyone loves getting a real letter in the mail. Tell Sister Baraclough that I got her letter and thank you! I loved it!!
Keep on keeping on and keeping on sharing the Gospel!!! Wooohooo!!!!

MUITO AMOR
Muito muito muiiiiiiito AMOR,
Sister Neal  

So I didn't even know that email was having problems! hahahaha Sister Cabral didn't say anything to us about it! I received some things, but no pictures of the new furniture and such!!! I wanna see that! I sent out emails too the past couple weeks, so that kinda stinks that maybe nobody got what I sent, but oh well hahahah I don't even remember what I sent in all honesty! Life is good here in Areia Branca, just the usual missionary life ya know. Sister Rodrigues and I are good friends and I'm trying to get better at correcting things that need to be corrected and we do practices and stuff (nobody likes practices, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do hahaha). The area president has said that every dupla of missionaries should baptise every month, so thats been stressful since we arrived here and only had a couple existing investigators to work with and they weren't exactly goldens....but we've been working SO HARD to find new investigators and finally we have one guy, Bruno 23 years old, that we are trying SO HARD to get him baptized this Saturday. Please pray for him that he'll recognize the Spirit answering that this is what he needs to do and that he is ready for baptism. It's good here that a lot of people understand that baptism is an important thing, but its hard too, because lots of times they get scared that they won't continue afterward and such. Also, he's a pretty shy guy so he's afraid of feeling uncomfortable going to church by himself and such, but he really is just great! I don't know why, but in our lessons with him I always feel the Spirit SO strongly and I know he's feeling it too, but has a hard time accepting it. This Sunday the Principles of the Gospel class was about the Spirit and one guy shared an experience about how he was fighting feeling the Spirit and accepting the invitation for baptism for a long time, but finally one day as he was praying with the Elders he felt it in a way that he couldn't deny and was baptised. I hope Bruno was listening to that story and thinking! hahaha!!! 
So, I don't know if you have the right Elder and the wrong name or what, but the Elders that are here with us are Élder Glover and Élder Damasceno. They had the baptism of a 13 year old girl (Sabrina! So cute and awesome!) this Sunday and we never taught her, but she wanted a picture with all of us, so here it is hahahaha! He's more attractive in real life, but also I hope I'm not as fat as I appear in this picture too. Whoops!!! 
My feet are doing fine truly! But if you guys wanted to buy new Dansko black shoes in size 38 for me I would accept them! Just not horribly ugly and not too bulky, cuz thats hard and tiring when you're walking a ton. 
LOVE AND MISS YOU TONS!!! LESS THAN ONE YEAR NOW WOOHOO!!!!!;)
Love,
Sister NEAL 


No comments:

Post a Comment