Monday, January 25, 2016

Alina's E-mail 1/25/2016

The mission conference was cool! The whole theme was that we need to truly focus on teaching repentence and baptise converts. Lots of leaders talked about following the spirit, how to study and all sorts of stuff and it was all from Preach My Gospel, so shows how important that book is since they were all literally quoting it! 
I had a dream the other night that you'll love hearing about. I dreamed that by some mistake with plane tickets or something I went home, like I had 10 months left to serve still but I went home. I was in my house and I was comfortable with my entire family but I was FREAKING out and started crying and just kept saying, "No! I have to go back! You dont understand, the mission changed my life! I have to finish my time! I have to go back!" I woke up from this dream soooo stressed hahahahaha but I realized that I truly do feel this way. It is hard and I'm always so tired, but I'm in love with the people and more importantly I'm in love with this work. We watched that mission broadcast the other day and Elder Dallin H. Oaks said that this is the most important work we can do in this life. That was intense to hear! It made me think about how I'm serving and how I want to serve, how I want to serve my mission like the Savior has commanded and that I'll only feel successful if I'm doing it in the way of the Lord and not MY way. We had an awesome experience with an investigator too. I sent it to Sister Cabral, so it is here in Portuguese, but I don't have time to write it, so you might wanna try and copy and paste it to google translate to see what happened! hahaha 
Depois do treinamento estavamos orando muito para saber quem em nossa área seria pronto para batismo este mes. Oramos e oramos e ficamos pensando sobre Vera, uma Senhora que temos estado ensinado por um tempo com a filha dela. Cada vez que tentamos convidar ela para batismo ela disse que não estava pronta, que ainda não sentia como foi seu tempo e tudo, mas estavamos sentindo que este semana deve ser a semana dela para ser batizada. Este dia durante estudo pessoal eu orei muito que o Espírito me guiaria para saber como ajudar ela perceber que deve ser batizada. Nem lembro a maioria das coisa que eu estudei este dia, mas eu senti que devemos compartilhar algumas escrituras sobre batismo. Fomos lá e falamos come nós sentimos que ela era preparada e como oramos muito para ela. Começamos ler as escrituras e demos a primeira a Vera para ler. Ele leu os 3 versiculos e parou e me olhou com olhos grandes e disse, "Eu li isso ontem. Eu estava olhando meu Livro de Mórmon ontem e de repente parei aqui para ler. Eu li isso ontem!" Era Alma 7:14-16 que fala que devemos entrar as aguas de batismo hoje. Ao fim da lição ela aceitou batismo para dia 30 deste mes e realmente foi uma experiencia muito legal. Estávamos tentando ser mais ousadas e confiar no Espírito e deu certo!!! 
My companion is good and talking with me way more! I love her already and shes funny when she talks and so we're honestly getting along good. My feet and legs and body hurt sometimes, but thats normal honestly. We're walking para caramba, so its natural. 
Glad to hear all is well on the homestead!!!

I wish I could be there for the baptisms and ordinations and all that! So cool! And I love to hear that our ward is growing! My companion is super sweet and we're getting to know each other fast because I'm ridiculous and have no boundaries hahahaha. Her last companion was really shy too so it was hard for both of them to work together, ya know? But we joke, I yell and sing a lot (as you know) and she's talking more during lessons. It's super scary being the senior and knowing your responsible for lots of things, but it's been good! The mission is hard, but it is so awesome and it sounds a little dramatic probably, but I've never been so happy I made a decision in my life. I pray for Brock and Brit and that new baby all the time!!! Everything will turn out okay!!!
I miss and love you tons and no matter how much I like the mission I'm still excited to come home and watch movies with you and just do nothing sometimes hahahaha 
MISS YOU AND LOVE YOU TONS

Portuguese Translation of Alina's Experience:

After the training we were praying a lot to know who in our area would be ready for baptism this month. We pray and we pray and we were thinking about Vera, a lady that we've been taught for a time with her daughter. Each time I tried to invite her to baptism she said she wasn't ready, that still didn't feel like it was his time and everything, but we were feeling this week must be the week for her to be baptized. This day for personal study I prayed that the spirit would guide me to know how to help her realize that should be baptized. I don't even remember most of the things that I studied this morning, but I felt I should share some Scriptures on baptism. We went there and we talk about eats we felt that she was ready and as we pray a lot to her. We started reading the Scriptures and gave first to Vera to read. He read the verses 3 and stopped and looked at me with big eyes and said, "I read this yesterday. I was looking at my book of Mormon yesterday and suddenly stopped here to read. I read that yesterday! "it was Soul 7:14 -16 that says that we should enter the water of baptism today. At the end of the lesson she accepted baptism for 30 day of this month and it really was a very cool experience. We were trying to be bolder and trust in the spirit and it worked!

No comments:

Post a Comment